Catalyzing the development of breakthroughs in the life sciences
We are fueling progress in the fields of the life sciences to provide pioneering and sustainable solutions for a growing and ageing population.
At Bayer Foundation, we firmly believe that science provides answers to future challenges. As such, we strive to spark the joy of science and technology among children and help pave the way for tomorrow’s scientific pioneers.
We are supporting schools and teachers to help take science education to new heights with our ecosystem of Baylab student laboratories as well as through a school funding program.
We are supporting schools and teachers to help take science education to new heights
Baylab student laboratories
The Baylab student laboratories offer an exciting addition to school education, promoting the fun of discovery of science. This is done through supplementary school lessons; teacher support programs (in fields such as pharmaceutical research and gene editing); as well as special integration classes for inclusive participation. Please visit the Baylab website for more information about local offerings.
Bayer Science@School Program
We are supporting schools and teachers to help take science education to new heights.
The new application round is open from the 3rd of May until the 12th of July 2021. German schools can apply here.
• Projects from teachers at all types of school (from elementary school to vocational school)
• Life Science subjects with relevance to the Bayer Foundation: biology, chemistry, health, nutrition, agriculture and medicine
• Projects with a specific goal, clear objectives, and a defined timeline and budget
• High interest for students
• School must be within 50 km of a Bayer site
• Maximum value of application 20,000 €
What cannot be included:
• Projects that consist primarily of IT costs
• Infrastructure costs
• Participation in one-off events
• Personnel costs
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you want to learn more about how Bayer supports science education, especially for kids, the Science@Home with Bayer series could be interesting for you. Please find more information here.
Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or comments about our awards.